Friday 12 March 2010

Apart from the Bead Stash....

I also have a ridiculous amount of beading magazines and books. I get Bead & Button, Beadwork, BeadStyle, Bead Unique and Bead every issue and occasionally pick up other mags if something catches my eye. I also have a lot of books, I can't take a photo as they are packed away while we decorate. I rarely make anything from a mag these days but do frequently spend an evening going back over them for inspiration, so I do feel that I use them regularly and so they are worth buying. I did recently destash quite a few BeadStyle magazines to my work friend Sam, who is thinking of starting to make jewellery (yay, another convert!) and I plan to give some to another colleague whose mum wants to take up the hobby.

I look through my books less often so I feel that I should really try to make more use of them. I think that this weekend I will try to find some time to look through the books and make a list of 5 projects to do some stashbusting with in the next 3 months. I will list them here and track my progress. Hopefully this approach will mean that I use up a lot of beads and make proper use of my beading library.

Do you have any beading books that you don't feel you make proper use of?

Sarahx

2 comments:

Bobbi Ann said...

Hi Sarah, great post! I know that I have quite a few magazines and books that I need to take another look at and maybe that will help me also in using up some of my Bead Stash! Thanks for the great idea. I hope that you have a wonderful weekend!
Hugs and happy beading...
Bobbi

Sarah said...

Thanks Bobbi, isn't it scary just how mush stuff we accumalate through our hobbies? I think it's a shame that I have these beautiful resources and let them languish in a box somewhere. I'm glad that we will be working towards using them to full potential!