Tuesday 18 May 2010

Birthday Gifts Part 1.

I'll have to do this in two parts as my camera ran out of battery before I could download the monster of a necklace that I made for my friend Lisa. These are the pieces that I made for her sister Claire, Claire wanted earrings or rings, so I raided my stash and made her a few pretties. I will only post the things made from stash here the others will be on April Is Forever.


I bought these gorgeous turquoise ceramic flowers at the Chepstow Bead Fair in January but have been a bit stuck on how to use them, a simple circle of seed beads made with Beadalon and a crimp bead were the perfect solution.



Claire wears a lot of green, so I paired 4mm peridot and 3mm olive swarovski's and made this pretty raw/peyote ring and made a matching pair of earrings, again using a simple bead wire circle with a wire wrapped dangle.






I'm glad to say that she liked all of them!

4 comments:

Kirsty.A said...

Mmm. love them all. What's the jewellery equivalent of scraplifting? I'll try those hoop ones

Clair said...

I'm just about to echo Kirsty's comment! I've just made a similar pair of hoop earrings, but without the dangle. Now I know just how to finish them off prettily!

Loving all of the fresh greens. Beautiful!

Liz said...

These are gorgeous Sarah! Love what you've done with the ceramic flowers :)

Kitty Ballistic said...

I love ceramic flowers, that's a great way to make them into earrings.

I saw a tutorial for Peyote in a magazine recently, and your photos have reminded me again to give it a go.