Tuesday 11 May 2010

Let Me Ask You A Question...

Having begged to contribute to Tackle That Bead Stash after the lovely Sarah featured my Bead & Button Bracelet Tutorial, I thought that I should probably pop by and introduce myself to all of our wonderful followers.

Beading was actually one of the first crafts that I fell in love with but, although I've technically been beading and making jewellery for several years, I still think of myself as a beginner. I must confess that I still haven't learnt Peyote Stitch. (Shock!)

Unfortunately, I've fallen in love with so many other crafts - and there's only so much time in the day to dedicate to beading. But, as I've become more patient with my crafts and no longer expect finished projects to appear in one sitting, I'm keen to return to my first crafty love.

Iridescence Netted Necklace

I'm hoping that the beginner level projects and tutorials I'm planning won't put off any seasoned beaders and jewellery makers who happen to read our lovely blog and that maybe, just maybe you'll all leave me a comment telling me what kind of tutorials you'd be most interested in seeing. It will help me, as the newest newbie, immensely.

In the meantime, you can find me (and some of my previous jewellery tutorials) over on my own blog Obstinate Pursuit. Just don't expect me to stick to the subject!

4 comments:

Sarah said...

Beautiful necklace! Can't wait to see what else you make!

Ciren said...

STUNNING necklace! i would love to read beginners projects as i am still learning myself.

DVArtist said...

Ahhhh Peyote is easy and once you have it down you will use it in every beading project.
Love this necklace.
Nicole/Beadwright

Kitty Ballistic said...

Beautiful necklace, those beads are stunning. Another vote for beginners projects from me too please, as I have seed beads to use up, and my attempts at brick stitch (I think that's what it was meant to be :p) weren't great.

Oh, and your Bead and Button bracelet made me want to go out and buy some suitable buttons. So watch out, we may need to change the name of the blog to 'Tackle that Bead or Button Stash'. :D