Monday 30 August 2010

Monday Moodboard Reveal - Orange & Turquoise

Last week's Monday Moodboard colour scheme was zesty orange combined with cool turquoise. Need a recap? Here ya go...

Clockwise from top-left: Door, Turquoise...Nice orange...Turquoise! Fiestaware!...Orange Explosion.

Here's what the team made. Sarah has gone for a beautiful warm orange with lampwork discs and swarovksi crystals on a gold plated chain...


Maria chose a wonderful mixture of materials and textures for her very first necklace using tiger tail. Blue howlite, carnelian, wood, glass and plastic lead down to a very pretty enamel flower...


I've been meaning have a go at double St Petersburg chain for ages, I love the V shape you get from working up the one side and then down the other. I went for a turquoise mix for the main beads, transparent orange for the accents and used an artisan lampwork bead to make a simple closure. I followed instructions from issue 91 of Bead & Button so I've made use of one of my old magazines too...


Been inspired by this weeks colour scheme? Email your photos to me at liz@thecrimsonmoon.co.uk or add them to our Flickr group pool and I'll show them on the blog.

2 comments:

Sarah said...

Beautiful pieces ladies, I love the way you both combined the turquoise & orange!

Anonymous said...

Aww thank you Sarah, your piece is really lovely, warm and vibrant with those oranges!

Liz, your bracelet is also beautiful and the colours work so well together!

I made one mistake in my piece, one of the orange seed beadies has got hidden in the hole of a wooden bead... darn big holes, oops!

Well nevermind, I'm looking forward to more colour play now I've finally got started and my first blog goal is just one dangle short now yay!