Wednesday 18 August 2010

Wednesday's Wear It or Frog It.

I made this necklace a couple of years ago when I was going through a back to basics phase, I had gotten a bit sloppy with my tension and into the habit of quick fix beading, so these Cellini spiral beads were a real personal challenge at the time, Cellini is a slooooooow stitch and needs some fairly tight tension. I really liked, and still do, the simple but bold colour combination of black, white and red. My initial impulse when pulling this piece out was to bin it, the faux leather cord is a bit bedraggled and as you can see I have lost one of the beaded beads. On closer inspection, however, I realised that the spiral beads were still in good condition and the colours were still fresh and bold.

So I dug through the stash and found some 12mm grey glass pearls and 6mm black fire polish beads and restrung on beading wire, using a sterling silver magnetic clasp that I have had in my stash for 2 years, so I am glad to have used that too! I wear lots of black/white/grey, so this should get worn a lot more often & if not you may well see it in another Wear It or frog It Wednesday. I still have 1 beaded spiral bead left, so if you have any suggestions on how to use it, please comment on this post!
Do you have any hidden treasures that you have recently dug out of your jewellery box? We'd love to see them, you can e-mail photo's to ottbs@hotmail.co.uk.

3 comments:

zsazsazsu said...

Great to see this 'vintage' 'pimped' !

Anonymous said...

What a transformation! I love the cellini beads and the pearls work very well with them. Gorgeous :)

xinex said...

Beautiful necklace. I like the color of the pearls...Christine