Wednesday 10 November 2010

Wednesday's Wear It Or Frog It

I made this necklace for a challenge in Bead magazine and was really pleased with it at the time! I made the pendant using black polymer clay, stamping into it using a Tutankhamun rubber stamp before rubbing some gold acrylic onto the surface and rubbing off the excess.

The reason it's disappeared into the depths of my jewellery box is that it's a bit uncomfortable to wear due the strung matt beads which seem to pinch my neck. Also the pendant is very lightweight and would often disappear towards my shoulder - don't you just hate that?! So off to the frog pond it goes. I'll re-pot the beads and maybe use the pendant on a bookmark or something as I still love it :)

4 comments:

Sarah said...

That pendant is amazing Liz, can't wait to see what else you make with it.

Anonymous said...

OOh, I agree, and that's such a nice colour too, I rather love Egyptian-looking stuff as well:-)

Anonymous said...

Thank you!

June said...

Lovely pendant, like the different gradients of colouring.