Wednesday 18 May 2011

Wednesday Review - Starlet Earrings Pattern by Liz Reed

Ok beaders, To help out and give Sarah a bit of time to stop and take a breath, I decided to write a review for you all, and as I had only bought Liz's Starlet Earring pattern the other night, I couldn't wait to test it out and make some earrings so we thought it a good idea to review it too.

Now we all know what it's like to buy a PDF pattern, and sometimes wait (for what seems like an age) for it to arrive via email!
Well worry no longer! If you want to buy one of Liz's Patterns www.thecrimsonmoon.etsy.com rest assured it will be with you within a flash (that is assuming she lives by her pc like me hehehe)

Anyhow, let's get down to the nitty gritty of my opinion of the pattern.

First impressions?

Very clear, nice size font, so it's easy to read, beautiful quality pictures and lots of step by step photos so you can tell where your supposed to be each step of the way.
The pattern is only 2 pages long so nice to put back to back and laminate to keep it clean and to hand ;o)

I like Liz's tutorials as she obviously thinks them through before she starts, Liz uses different colours at each stage so we can tell which step we are on by looking at the correct 'figure No' pictures that corresponds to what step we are at.

I think that both beginner beaders and more advanced beaders will enjoy learning a new technique and find Liz's patterns very easy to follow. You can get the beads in the sizes required from anywhere, no fancy or unusual ones that you cannot find.

After all if I can follow them, anyone can! I normally try and make things by looking at the pictures given in the tutorial without reading the instructions first, then mess it up somewhere along the way and have to unpick read and restart hehehe!

All in all a very good tutorial, nice clear instructions and step by step photographs. Great Job!! Well done Liz!

Carol xxx

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, thanks for the wonderful review Carol! I really enjoyed making the tutorial and I'm glad you enjoyed it just as much :)

Nic :) said...

Great review Carol! x

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a great tutorial!