Tuesday 21 June 2011

Bead Shop Review - Yashma Creations

Yashma Creations is a shop that I recently discovered on Etsy.com. I was immediately drawn to the beautiful artistic photographs used in the listings, each one well thought out and making the most of the gorgeous beads on offer! As Etsy is an American site a large proportion the shops are based there, so you can imagine my surprise - and delight - to find that Yashma Creations is based in the UK.


At the time of writing I found 29 beautiful pages of flowers, leaves, firepolished crystals, bead caps, drops, rondelles and other Czech pressed shapes in many colours and finishes that I haven't seen before (and believe me, I've visited many online UK bead shops!). There is also a lovely selection of brass findings and pendants.


The listings themselves are very informative, telling you exactly what you're getting. I love how she lists all the colours and finishes that are included in the firepolished crystal mixes! If you shy away from Etsy due to the currency conversions then have no fear, the currency at Yashma Creations is set to British pounds so you know exactly how much you're paying. Postage is very reasonable too at £1.30 for the first item and then just 5p for every extra item added.


I've placed several orders and my beads have always been extremely well protected, with the packets wrapped in bubble wrap as well as placed inside a padded envelope. Delivery is speedy, something that's very important to those of us who want our beads yesterday! In fact I placed my last order around Midday and unbelievably it was through my door the following morning. Customer service is excellent, Valentina lets you know when your order is on it's way via a 'convo' (short for 'conversation', Etsy's internal messaging system) and it's this personal touch that I've often found lacking in orders for supplies from the US.


Put simply, browsing and shopping at Yashma Creations is pure delight!

And now for some fantastic news...Valentina has very generously offered to sponsor some of our challenges with collections of beads for the lucky winners. Now if that's not an excellent incentive to join in with our Moodboards then I don't know what is!

6 comments:

Green Shoot Jewellery Designs said...

Thanks for introducing Yashma Creations! It's always interesting to find UK based shops.
Deb x

Shirley said...

Oh, stunning pics! Heading over there now!

Bead Queen said...

OMG what have you done!!! I am sending my bank manager to you ;o)

What gorgeous and unusual beads and colours there are! FABULOUS!!!

Thank you, i love you with all my heart lol.

Carol XXX

Anonymous said...

Sorry hun :(

Oh wait, no I'm not, lol!! ;)

Bead Queen said...

lmao! I know your not you evil evil woman hehehehe. I had £10 left in my bank account, and what do you think i did with it? Yup, i spent the lot on this website lol. I know its 'tackle' that bead stash, but it doesn't say which bead stash does it ;o) mwuhahahaha...
It was soooo hard choosing what to buy with just £10! Especially when you have to factor in postage! Also, dopey me, forgot to put the sale code in at the checkout doh!

Bead Queen said...

My order came today! how quick was that!!! Awesome!
I am well impressed, and will be ordering from Valentina again!
Carol XXX